XANTIA DIAGNOSTIC SOCKET

Can anyone please tell me where the green 2pin diagnostic socket is located on my Xantia Please. i have bought a fault code reader & i have no where to
put it!. i know where i would like to put it.
thanks in advance
desperate mike

‚úĖ
MIKEYB via CarKB.com ( snipped-for-privacy@CarKB.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

What age Xant?
If it's like the XM (probably), then the two-pin was only on the very earliest (pre first facelift, offset chevrons) nose cars - later ones had a multiplug under the steering column, and need a completely different diagnostic box.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Hi Adrian, its a 97 P reg, 18i 16v
its driving me nuts
cheers
mike

‚úĖ
MIKEYB via CarKB.com ( snipped-for-privacy@CarKB.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

So post facelift.
Assuming it's the same as same age XM :-
Look under the steering column. There well be a flap. Open that, and you'll see a multiplug - 3 columns by 10 rows of pins, not all present.
You need a different diagnostic box.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Thanks Adrian, found it,i'll have to get something else to read the codes, many thanks again
mike

‚úĖ
mikey via CarKB.com ( snipped-for-privacy@CarKB.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

There's no easy/cheap solution. Wish there was...
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Hello im not sure this is the answe to your problem but these guy might be able to help
http://www.doityourselfdiagnostics.com /
Failing that you could just use some wires foom that cable you have to the diagnostic port. Kapeesh
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.citroen / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
Add pictures here
‚úĖ