XANTIA DIAGNOSTIC SOCKET

Can anyone please tell me where the green 2pin diagnostic socket is located on my Xantia Please. i have bought a fault code reader & i have no where to put it!. i know where i would like to put it.

thanks in advance

desperate mike

Reply to
MIKEYB via CarKB.com

MIKEYB via CarKB.com ( snipped-for-privacy@CarKB.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

What age Xant?

If it's like the XM (probably), then the two-pin was only on the very earliest (pre first facelift, offset chevrons) nose cars - later ones had a multiplug under the steering column, and need a completely different diagnostic box.

Reply to
Adrian

Hi Adrian, its a 97 P reg, 18i 16v

its driving me nuts

cheers

mike

Reply to
MIKEYB via CarKB.com

MIKEYB via CarKB.com ( snipped-for-privacy@CarKB.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

So post facelift.

Assuming it's the same as same age XM :-

Look under the steering column. There well be a flap. Open that, and you'll see a multiplug - 3 columns by 10 rows of pins, not all present.

You need a different diagnostic box.

Reply to
Adrian

Thanks Adrian, found it,i'll have to get something else to read the codes, many thanks again

mike

Reply to
mikey via CarKB.com

mikey via CarKB.com ( snipped-for-privacy@CarKB.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

There's no easy/cheap solution. Wish there was...

Reply to
Adrian

Hello im not sure this is the answe to your problem but these guy might be able to help

Failing that you could just use some wires foom that cable you have to the diagnostic port. Kapeesh

-- Message posted using

information at

Kapeeshski