Xantia Fan (a/c model 96)

Hope someone can confirm the diagnosis here.........

Fan failure (no action at all whatever) on my Xantia, and the blower is one with the integral semiconductor speed control. Voltage in from the loom (the big red wire on the multipole connector, I assume) is 11.7V, but the output at the actual motor wire from the speed control is under 8V all the time, regardless of the fan control setting on the dash. With the dashboard fan control on Max, switching the ignition on "kicks" the fan slightly, but it never runs. Bench testing the fan, it zips along merrily with 12V directly on the terminals. Looking at the assembly it does not look like it comes aparts easily - replace the whole assembly? How does the thermostatic control influence this unit, and is it misleading me into thinking the problem is internal to the fan assembly?

TIA

Baffled (but not in the exhaust sense) Tone

Reply to
Tony Fisk

Check to see if your heated rear window is working !!!

If it aint then the fault will be in the ignition wires, or ignition switch itself.

This is a fairly common problem and it kills the fan along with the rear screen heater.

Regards Slim.

Reply to
Slim

I was reading , made by the entity known as Slim, that requests spam to be sent to and I became inspired,

Coincidence. Had all my locks replaced yesterday due to that problem.

I was told that Citroen (a century ago) gave a warning not to start the engine with the interior fan set to on.

Could have fixed it with just the ignition lock but that would leave me with two keys, one for the ignition and one for the doors. Combined with a leaking ac condensor replacement I have lost more then

800 euro's.
Reply to
2Rowdy

Hmmm

Is that likely if I still have 12V on the main positive feed to the fan, or does it disable the fan control rather than the supply? Certainly the light in the HRW switch comes on when pressed, but I guess that isn't the same as the HRW actually working!

TF

Reply to
Tony Fisk

Actually, the HRW is working fine. Anyone got the RIGHT circuit diagram for a Xantia thermostatic heater fan........(as opposed to the one in the Haynes Big Book of Fairy Tales?)

TF

Reply to
Tony Fisk