Xantia HDI 110 radiator fans... help

Hi,
I have a problem with a Xantia HDI 110 - the Radiator fans are both on continously. The coolant level is unchanged and the temperature guage reads as normal. The fans run from switch-onn, even when the engine is
cold. I assume that there must be a temperature switch or similar, which is separate from the temperature sender used by the guage, which must be broken. Is this right? If so, whereabouts might I find it? I had a quick look round the engine, but am little wiser.
Thanks for any help,
Albert
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I had the same on my Xantia, this is what I found : The fan motor is under the passenger side glove box, & is accessed by removing the furry backed trim. The fan unit is held in place by 3 screws, & it contains 1 or 2 large transistors. (2 if you have air con, 1 if you dont). These have a habit of failing, & causing the fan to be permanently on. Your local scrap merchant should have one, for about £40, but you may have to take it off yourself. On the other hand, it may be the temerature control unit that has failed. This is, I am led to believe, somewhere under the front scuttle, & I have no experience of this. Hope this helps. Ray

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
If these transistors are the problem, than just replace them. Any shop selling electronic parts should have these transistors. Perhaps you have to solder a little bit, but that is always cheaper than £40. The transistors self, aren't expensive, I think somthing about 20 tot 30 eurocent each. (sorry don't know how much pennies that is, I am from the Netherlands)
btw: I am not (originally) Dutch, but I come from a country that was a colony of England. And there all the cars are modified to keep the fans always running, after starting the car :-)) (This because of the heat in the summer)
Good luck fixing your car.

Add pictures here
‚úĖ