Xantia HDi won't start

My Xantia HDi broke down last week on the motorway. The car just came to a stop. After I has tha AA tow it back home, I have charged the battery, tried ti start it. It turns over but won't fire up. I have spoken to a bloke who said it may be the immobiliser that has kicked in. Any ideas how to reset/disable it. Oh, by the way, it is a 2001 HDi without the keypad immobiliser.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
xf8u

Look for a mushroom shaped rubber button near one of the strut towers. Press down and hear it click.

You can also remove the connector and jump the cables directly to test it. Its a known problem.

Reply to
Eduardo K.

Cannot help with immobiliser problems but can you hear the fuel pump start (under the rear seat) when you switch on ? If nothing heard you might like to check the fuel relay (orange encapsulated unit near the engine management unit

Reply to
Gerald Gardner

Thanks, I will try again tomorrow. Just out of interest, how can I find out what all the relays are for and how to test them. Including the ones in the engine bay

Thanks xf8u

Reply to
xf8u

I have tested the fuel cut-off switch and it's fine. The fuel pump starts up when the ignition is swiched on. Any ideas what it could be?

Reply to
xf8u

I did hear of a similar problem with a 307 HDI, when it was delivered new. The solution for that was to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes, reconnect and try again. Something to do with the ECU getting its knickers in a twist.

Reply to
Brian