Xantia Instrument Panel

Greetings from Norfolk

The indicator lamp for the headlights (dipped beam) has failed and I need (I hope) only to replace the bulb. Can anybody tell me how to access the bulb, is it through the fuse panel, or how? Thanks

- Richard.

"I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which when looked at in the right way, did not become still more complicated" Poul Anderson

Reply to
Strider

Greetings from Norfolk

The indicator lamp for the headlights (dipped beam) has failed and I need (I hope) only to replace the bulb. Can anybody tell me how to access the bulb, is it through the fuse panel, or how? Thanks

- Richard.

"I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which when looked at in the right way, did not become still more complicated" Poul Anderson

Reply to
Strider

leave it......... dont bother

its not worth it its not imprtant......

for your own sake.... dont attempt it.

i know someone who went for the backlight of the temp needle. not sure exactly how its to be done but if i remember rightly its a steering whel off job to get anywhere close (not attempted anything like that on mine) but if the steering wheel has to come off so does the air bag gubbins. is it really worth the hassle for DIPPED beam?

:)

Rob

Reply to
Rob Beech

Rob Beech ( snipped-for-privacy@robbeech.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Removing a windbag wheel isn't *THAT* bad a job - as long as you remember to give it time to discharge the capacitors.

Remove the battery, go for a cuppa and a natter - by the time you get back, it's ready.

Reply to
Adrian

I need to get it done before the MOT - apparently it is a requirement of the test! Fortunately test is not due until January 2006 so have 6 months to sort.

Reply to
Strider

Strider (richard snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It isn't.

gives the full tester manual.

Reply to
Adrian

no. it most certainly isn't.

IIRC main beam internal blue light is a requirement for MOT as are FOG lights (orange). but dipped beam certainly isn't.

Reply to
Rob Beech

Rob Beech ( snipped-for-privacy@robbeech.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No, it isn't. Nor is an indicator warning light, as long as there's an audible warning of the indicators.

The colour's not specified, but a warning light is.

Reply to
Adrian

were

MOT guy once tried to fail my car for a reversing light being out..... i was having none of it. ( i did replace the bulb however, its only right that it should work its just not an MOT failure)

ROb

Reply to
Rob Beech