xantia pitches ubder braking

Hi everybody I have an N-reg xantia 1.9td and when I brake it pitches (the nose dives up and down) a lot. The suspension also seems to be very soft. Is
this a funciton of the 'dreaded spheres' that I have just been reading about or is there something else?
I also have the clicking sound and vibration on the brake pedal: from my understanding I can leave it as it is only an irritation and has no mechanical implications? Thanks
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Hi Duncan. It sounds as though your car may have the wrong spheres fitted, as when the spheres loose pressure this will make the ride a lot harder, but this will not cause the pitching up and down.
How does it perform when pulling away fast ? Do the rear mudflaps hit the deck ? If so this could lead to the same assumption.
As for the vibration under the brake pedal, does it fell like you have trodden on a bee ? ie buzzing slightly from under your foot, if so you probabaly have cheap LHM. Get it out and refill the system with either Castrol or Total LHM. In my past experience all other LHM is pants and too thin, it works ok but the buzzing is the spool in the brake valve, this is damped out if you use decent LHM.
Regards Slim.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

I used to own a BX, which needed a darn good suspension service. pitching, rolling, yawing, bouncing, you name it. It also failed to run on three wheels after I had a blow-out. In this case, poor pressure/spheres made the ride anything but hard.
--
Regards,
Dave
Dave Ryman wrote:

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

What about the pump and the hydraulic lines? Does it have to be the actual spheres?
--
Regards,
Dave
Slim wrote:

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Adrian wrote:

I agree. I've had 3 Citroens and the suspension was no real hassle. GSF version of LHM seems to work fine and isn't too dear. Of course as you say, if you leave it unmaintained then it will give hassle and at that point it may be dearer than normal suspension especially if the regulator or pump decide to leak.
--
Malc

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend
‚úĖ