xantia pitches ubder braking

Hi everybody I have an N-reg xantia 1.9td and when I brake it pitches (the nose dives up and down) a lot. The suspension also seems to be very soft. Is this a funciton of the 'dreaded spheres' that I have just been reading about or is there something else?

I also have the clicking sound and vibration on the brake pedal: from my understanding I can leave it as it is only an irritation and has no mechanical implications? Thanks

Reply to
Duncan

Hi Duncan. It sounds as though your car may have the wrong spheres fitted, as when the spheres loose pressure this will make the ride a lot harder, but this will not cause the pitching up and down.

How does it perform when pulling away fast ? Do the rear mudflaps hit the deck ? If so this could lead to the same assumption.

As for the vibration under the brake pedal, does it fell like you have trodden on a bee ? ie buzzing slightly from under your foot, if so you probabaly have cheap LHM. Get it out and refill the system with either Castrol or Total LHM. In my past experience all other LHM is pants and too thin, it works ok but the buzzing is the spool in the brake valve, this is damped out if you use decent LHM.

Regards Slim.

Reply to
Slim

"Slim" wrote in news:1151071047.898874.113460 @r2g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I used to own a BX, which needed a darn good suspension service. pitching, rolling, yawing, bouncing, you name it. It also failed to run on three wheels after I had a blow-out. In this case, poor pressure/spheres made the ride anything but hard.

Reply to
Dave Ryman

I did replace the LHM a few weeks ago, with cheap no-name stuff! AAAHHHH, it is so expensive... Why can't they have suspension like every other normal car, this system is uber high mantainance.

The mudflaps don't hit the ground when pulling away. I will replace the front spheres first, see what happens and then then do the back ones if it is not better

Thanks for the advice Duncan

Slim wrote:

Reply to
Duncan

Dave, you have convinced me it the spheres. New ones will go on soon!

Thanks Duncan

Dave Ryman wrote:

Reply to
Duncan

"Duncan" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

What about the pump and the hydraulic lines? Does it have to be the actual spheres?

Reply to
Dave Ryman

I agree. I've had 3 Citroens and the suspension was no real hassle. GSF version of LHM seems to work fine and isn't too dear. Of course as you say, if you leave it unmaintained then it will give hassle and at that point it may be dearer than normal suspension especially if the regulator or pump decide to leak.

Reply to
Malc