xantia radio 3030 rds

My xantia has a 3030 rds radio cassete fitted and theres what looks like a small jack point on the bottom left corner just below the red code warning light. Can anyone tell me if it is indeed a jack point and if so what sort of lead would I have to get to plug an mp3 player or cd player into it.

Reply to
george via CarKB.com

It's a standard jack - 2.5mm if I recall correctly (I've sold the Xantia now). It works well okay with MP3 and CD players - set the source selection to AUX. However, it requires quite a high input to get a noise and interference free sound; I found that my iPAQ pocket PC couldn't put out enough power to drive it.

Reply to
Steve Durbin

Reply to
george via CarKB.com

BEFORE YOU GO ANY FURTHER.

not a clue what model radio mine is but i assume they are all the same. its a 3.5mm jack socket on mine i assume it will be the same all over. very common. it will probably be the same output as your mp3 player soa simple stereo 3.5mm jack to jack lead would do the job if this is the case. either way a lead is only going to be a couple of quid (dont go to the obvious places). I only point this out as there is such thing as a 2.5mm jack socket but you dont see them very often.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Beech

"Rob Beech" haute in die Tasten:

It definitely is a 3.5 mm stereo plug, which is used for most walkman headphones. It is there to attach a portable CD player, but a MP3 player also works flawlessly. The 3.5 mm socket has an integrated switch, so if you plug in a plug while the radio is running, the device will switch to AUX, which means auxiliary source. If you press the SRC button, you toggle between Radio and AUX, if you have a Musicasette inserted, you have three options.

Many mobile players have two output sockets, one to plug in a pair of headphones, this ofte is marked green, and another which is called "Line" or "Line out". The green socket is connected with the player's volume control lever, the Line out socket delivers a fixed signal strength. When conneting your player to the radio, you need a cable with one 3,5 mm stereo plug at each end (Radio parts shop). Switch off both deviches, connect the Line out socket with the sochet at the radio and then have a test. The volume of the radio should nearly be the same if you switch from radio to your player and back. If the player is significantly louder or quieter than the radio, set the player's volume to minimum, connect the player's headphone socket with the radio and start increasing the player's volume until it has reached the level of the radio. When you activate traffic announcments (TA-button), the radio will switch off the AUX socket and play traffic announcments, when they are broadcasted. Afterwards the radio switches back to AUX.

One big drawback is the power supply for the auxiliary player. I have tried various players and various cigarette lighter adapters, but I always had annoying electrical interferences through the power adapter. Does anybody know if it is possible to run the power adapter with electricity taken directly from the radio wiring. It seems that this line is somewhat "filtered". Up to now I alwys use batteries to power my MP3-CD portable.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper