Xantia Radio

I've got a CD/Radio that I bought for my last car and want to put it in my Xantia. How easy is this to do? Can I hook it up so I can still use the steering wheel controls?

Reply to
greatmusos

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Depends on the brand of the radio. AFAIK, Philips and Clarion were used by Citroen in the Xantia. For Blaupunkt radios there are adaptors.

What kind of radio did you get?

Claudius

Reply to
Claudius Machate

snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com haute in die Tasten:

The Xantia factory Radios have a front panel which is wider than the usual DIN slot. So you will need an adapter to fit your radio in --> eBay. Wiring should be quite easy.

The steering wheel controls is a different job. The Xantia steering wheel works with resistors, which create different voltages. The radio interface meters the voltage and detects which button has been pressed. This is quite a simple technology which has been used by some manufacturers. Unfortunately there is no standard setup for the resistors. If there is a remote control for your radio which happen to work after the resistor principle, you could try to find out the correct switching voltages, open the steering wheel and install the appropriate resistors for each function - which sounds to be quite a lot of work to do.

If your radio happens to be a Blaupunkt, chances are good that there is an aftermarket interface adapter available.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper