Xantia rattle query

All,
Re: 99 Xantia Est 2.0 hdi
for some time now has had a rattle from rear - from inside the car sounds like its under the rear seats/rear axle location ... It's got bad/annoying
enough now that I really should do something about it.
Also the rear ride height seems to have a mind of its own - randomly drops when stationary and takes a while to pump back up .... ?
Could these two be linked? I'll be getting it up on the ramps next week - what are the usual suspects I should be looking for?
Many thanks in advance for your help ...
Steve
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I don't know if the two are connected but the back end dropping sounds like the rear height corrector to me. I had similar I little while ago & that cleared it for me. Neil

Add pictures here
‚úĖ