Xantia rear height adjuster - no info in haynes manual

Page 2 of 2
Slim ( snipped-for-privacy@tesco.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Side-to-side, but front-to-rear's not so important. As long as you've got some idea of "ground level" and know what the car's true "vertical" is. Easy enough with the back wheels on a pair of ramps. - just stand back and look at it, it's obvious enough.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
There we have to differ in our opinions!
The car needs to be level, side to side and back to front, otherwise you will be all day guessing, ok you may succeed in the end but only throu sheer luck.
Regards Slim
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Slim ( snipped-for-privacy@tesco.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

As long as you've got the weight on all four wheels correctly, and can draw the straight line from front wheel contact patch to rear, and from there up to the measurement point, why? (Genuine question, btw, before Dot accuses me of being uppity)
There's no front-to-rear levelling relative to "absolute horizontal" going on. The car neither knows nor cares whether it's flat or at a couple of degrees nose down because the arse end's on ramps so you can grovel in the gravel.
Yes, side-to-side must be flat because the corrector's off the anti-roll bar.
Yes, it'd be preferable to do it on a nice big lift in a nice warm workshop... But, hell, what ISN'T? I changed the front wing on the Acad the other day. On a lift. With the wing at working height. Up a bit to do the bolts under the arch. Down a bit to do the ones in the engine bay. Am I an idle bastard? Oh, yes. Was it a pleasure compared to grovelling on the ground? HELL, YES.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Am I an idle bastard? Oh, yes.
And ME!!
Slim
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Slim ( snipped-for-privacy@tesco.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

<grin> One sugar or two?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Forgot to say,
The Haynes book is very usefull.
It stops your knees from getting dirty if you kneel on it !
Regards Slim.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Slim ( snipped-for-privacy@tesco.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Also makes a reasonable wheel chock in an emergency.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Adrian wrote:

adrian, I've worked in over a dozen garages. I've done engine swaps in the street and cill replacements. head gaskets, you name it, I've done it. but I've never ownded a xantia so your childish 'I know something you don't' schtick is just childish bs.
a straightforward talkthrough by slim has told me more about the job and /him/ than you've told me about the job in 10 times the amount of text. thankfully, I've already got your measure.
I think you need to take a step back and reconsider what usenet is all about. and what sharing information is all about.
take 5 mins to think before replying.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
. (-@-.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

<rolls eyes>

I don't need to.
Get your head out of your arse, Dot.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Adrian wrote:

this from someone who's webmaster of a website set up to facilitate the dissemination of information relating to citroen cars.....
ffs ! webmaster for information or gatekeeper of information ? all depends on how petulant she's feeling today, obviously.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Slim wrote:

that much I knew.

136mm +/- ish. if it's within tolerance I'll leave it.

it may have been set high last time it was cleaned, lubricated &adjusted.

thanks slim.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ