Xantia Rear Suspension sunk

Hi All,
I have a 1.9 turbo Diesel Xantia (P reg).
The back suspension has sunk as if the lever has been set to the lowest setting. The front suspension works fine. If I put the lever to the
highest setting the front end rises, followed by the rear. Now If I set the lever back to the driving position the front drops to driving position, but the rear stays up until the engine is switched off, after which it returns to the fully lowered position.
I have needed to drive the car so what I have done is rise the suspension until the rear wheel is about the right driving height then set the lever to the normal driving position. The rear end stays up for a while, but gradually lowers again.
I called a breakers yard and they said it was the pump and these are about £90. If its the pump wouldn't the front end sink too?
Can someone tell me If this is correct? Or what part I need and can it be fitted relatively easy?
Many Thanks
Mike
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
mike2005 (mikechapman snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It's not the pump. It's the plastic link to the rear height corrector.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Hi Adrian,
Do you know how much these are and can you fit them yourself, do you need any special tools?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
They're about £2 and they're easy to fit but don't do it from under the car as it can drop on top of you (the car that is). If you look in the centre of the rear axle you will probably see a white plastic piece hanging down. If you're lucky you can do your trick with the height lever and then just pop it back on. If you're unlucky the steel ball(s) it fits to will be worn and you'll need new height corrector. Good luck Colin

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

need
( i was in a rush.)
Rob
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Please be aware also that the height corrector could be seizing and so either need freeing off or replacing soon otherwise you may need to replace a few more of these linkages
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
yes it was freed off. i just needed it that day and coudln't get the plastic joint until the following day (was a bank holiday). Its been fine. every time i go underneath i check it. its just as it was and it does work without any problem.
Rob

replace
Add pictures here
‚úĖ