Xantia V6 Auto RHD - how much would one be worth in the uk ?

as subject, if you /could/ buy one how much would you be prepared to pay ? ball park figure.
mint condition, c50,000 miles, factory RHD, FSH, no rust,
fully loaded with leather interior.
5k ? 7.5k 10k ?
*and* is it possible to fit an activa system to a non activa V6 ?
serious questions.
. (-@-.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

All UK v6s were autos and Exclusive spec, with leather and "fully loaded".

Not A Cat In Hell's. It'd be worth 2.5k at *BEST*. And it'd struggle to sell.

It'd be easier to go the other way round - drop the v6 into a TCT Activa.
Adrian wrote:

that little ? what's wrong with them ?

ok.
. (-@-.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It's a six-to-eight year old Citroen. It's thirsty. It's bloody complex and expensive to maintain.
Even an HDi Xant's worth no more than 3k.
Even at that, you're getting into early C5 money. Ten grand's approaching *facelift* (and that's 54-plate) v6 C5 territory... (If they've sold any)
Ten grand's not far off getting you into a new C5...

Adrian wrote:

apart fro that.

apart from that, not an issue.

what on ? spheres ? is it all diy'able ?
. (-@-.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

IIRC the cambelt's eight hour book time.
It's a very big engine in a small space. The rear plugs are a bastard on an XM, allegedly. Inlet manifold off.
The engine in my TCT XM has plenty of space around it. I've looked at the engine bay in a TCT Activa, and it scared me.
Adrian wrote:

8 hours / one weekend per every 60,000 miles isn't /too/ bad.

but what is the car like ? I know they are complex but I bet it's a hoot.
. (-@-.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I'm assured that it *really* isn't something you'd want to do yourself...

It's a Xant. But with 200bhp.
If you're meaning what's an Activa like, it's a Xant, but with a firm ride. But no body roll. And a tendency to forget where "level" is, and do a little dance at traffic lights.
Adrian wrote:

so 280 - 320 to have it done. not too scary.

cool. roughly how much for a low miles activa in A1 condition ?
. (-@-.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

And the VAT. And the parts. Belt, tensioners, water pump.
I'd be surprised if you get away with less than 600.

If they exist. Parkers reckons 1800 - the last Activas were older, 99.

T5 ... 225 bhp and you can get plenty of bits for them if you want to play (I almost got the strut brace and stifffer springs for mine) I only got rid of mine coz I would have lost my license and I only got 3000 miles from a set of front Pirellis ... hmmm , these two things may be linked .... 8-)
atb
Steve
drd ( snipped-for-privacy@CITYZOO.COM) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I am, thanks.

But... but... but... it's a *filing cabinet*. And it's made by Ford. And it's got no suspension. <peers closely at post> Fuck. You can get WORSE suspension?
Oh, and if I want a car built by vikings, I'll have another one with the ignition key on the floor, ta.
drd ( snipped-for-privacy@CITYZOO.COM) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Not in the UK. RHD Activas were TurboCT only, but Europe got LHD HDi and v6.