Xsara 2.0 HDi rear disc pad replacement

I need to replace the rear discs & pads on my 2000 Xsara 2.0 hdI.

Is a caliper piston wind-back tool required (i.e to rotate the pistons), or do they just push straight back?

TIA

Andy

Reply to
Acedrew

If it helps at all my Xantia rear calipers just pushed back, as did my BX. You may well find the Xsara is the same.

Reply to
neil

You only need the retract tool on the end where the handbrake goes...

In a Xantia/BX its the front... I don't know if Xsaras have the handbrake to the rear wheels.

Reply to
Eduardo K.

Eduardo K. ( snipped-for-privacy@no.spam.cl) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

They do.

Reply to
Adrian

then the rear calipers need the tool to retract the piston.

Reply to
Eduardo K.

Thanks to all - will get the tool!

Reply to