Xsara glove box jammed

Can anyone help !! The glove box on my W Reg Xsara wont open. The latch would lift , but the door wouldnt open and I'm sure there was nothing inside to jam it. I have now fiddled with it so much that now the key wont even turn in the lock , so I am assuming the lock mechanism is totally broken. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get the glove box door to open?

Reply to
Neil via CarKB.com