Xsara immobiliser

I've somehow triggered the engine immobiliser on a 99 Xsara and I don't know how to get it going again.

The background is that the car belonged to my father who died recently. I've used it a couple of times without any problems but, on the most recent occasion, the engine wouldn't start and I noticed an illuminated yellow light with a key symbol on the dashboard. I assume this tells me that the engine is immobilised.

Presumably I did something wrong but how do I fix it? I have three keys for the car, two plain and one with a stud which has worn away. I also have a small card which has an alphanumeric code on it which may well be relevant but I don't know how. Unfortunately, the manual is in his home (I assume) and I won't be able to get there for a couple of days.

I got locked in the car as well but the doors apparently unlocked themselves before I suffered too much embarassment. I assume this is related.

Can anyone advise me?

George

Reply to
GD