Xsara keys query?

Here's hoping this is the right place to ask this question......
I have just purchased two Citroen Xsara's in the UK. One is an LX on a 51 plate and the other is a Desire on a 54 plate. I got two remote
access fobs with the 51 plate but only one with the 54 plate. I asked for a second for the 54 plate and was given a simple key blade and told that I would have to pay over £100 for a second remote fob.
I'm not pleased as my expectation was to receive 2 fobs for each car. I cannot find any real information - even if I phone Citroen UK and my dealer is telling me that the newer cars only had one fob.
Can anyone provide me with any information or guide me to where I might find a definitive answer?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Also, what is my backup for accessing the boot as I currently understand that my only way in is to use the key fob?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
NewsGroupUser wrote:

My second hand 51 plate Picasso SX came with one electronic key and one plain one. You think you've got problems...only the electronic one operates the central locking.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

I just bought an extra remote access fob for my Xsara 2002 by Citroen dealer. All the keys (even the one without the remote) have build-in chips. The spare fob costs are ‚ā¨ 70 The chips programming work (all keys) ‚ā¨ 30.-
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Weve got a new shape y reg 1.6 estate from new and it came with one plip fob and one plain key. Watch the fob, ours will open the car from inside a hand bag from the other end of the back garden which could be iffy if you banged the bag on a shopping trolly for example

Add pictures here
‚úĖ