Xsara Side Light

This may be a stupid question but, does anyone know how to replace the UK passenger side "side light" bulb on a 2001 Xsara? I've managed to remove the
rear plastic cap, that compartment of the light assembly contains two bulbs, one with a push together clip and the one in question doesn't but doesn't, it doesn't seem to twist, pull or anything, I have to say it's extremely tight getting just fingers into the hole due to reduced access from behind and the manual is next to no help... anyone successfully done this? seems a pathetic thing to have to get a garage to replace!
Add pictures here
‚úĖ