ZX accelerator cable

I think SWMBO's ZX 19D needs a new cable. I adjusted it about 2 months ago due to lack of oomph and slackness in the cable. This made a huge difference but the slackness and lack of go have returned and I am
running out of adjustment. I presume this means a new cable. The Haynes BoL is less than specific about how to do it (the photos are dreadful) and GSF sell just the one cable kit. Is there only one type of cable and is there anything tricky about the job?
-- Malc
Add pictures here
‚úĖ