ZX asymetric pad wear on nearside wheel

Last time I replaced the pads on my ZX I noticed that the nearside pair of pads had worn out at different rates, the pad on the outside edge of the disc were almost gone and the inner pad had a couple of mm of meat left.

I've just had the wheel off and again the outside pad is around 2mm thinner than the inner one. The disc appears fine and there is no play in the caliper.

Any suggestions on this one?

Regards, Jason.

Reply to
Jason Arthurs

Perhaps the outer pads pick up more dust from the edge of the road, and so wear out slightly quicker?

Reply to
Whiskers

Caliper slides may be seizing. Pop the rubber boots off, give the slides a good clean and grease.

Reply to
Taz