ZX dash lights

How easy is it to get to the dash lights ? Just drove home in the dark and was crapping myself going past the M way speed cams (No street lighting on this stretch). Bloke behind must have been wondering what I was up to doing
20 LOL.
Stuart
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Buy one of those lights you plug into the sigarette lighter ;-)
Ok, quit joking. Haynes says you have to remove the steeringwheel but it is possible without. Remove the cover under the steeringwheel, this frees two screw that hold the rim around the dials in place. You need to unplug the four buttons on the side. Removing this frees screws to remove the dials. Remove the connectors from the back and the dials are free. The lights are in the litte black squares on the back.
Are all lights out? Might also be a problem with the power or the dimmer.
Maarten
--
When replying privately, rot13 the e-mail address

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

is
Glad you mentioned the steering wheel thing, I've just got hold of a Haynes - haven't read it yet, but I notice the car has a steering wheel airbag. :-)
Stuart
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

on
dimmer.
You migth need to lower/raise the steer, but that is no problem. Almost all ZX have a steer that can be adjusted. There are 15 to 20 bulbs behind the dash, it is best to replace them all. They bulb are not really expensive, somewhere about 50 eurocent. Don't buy them at Halfords, there they are a lot more expensive. I can remove the dash many times last month, I had some problems with the speed-meter cable.
Good luck!!
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

dark
what
it
hold
all
dash,
Again, thanks for the help - makes me feel more confident about doing it !!!!
Stuart.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Good that you mentioned the speedometer cable: It is best unscrew it in the motorcompartment first so you can move the dash more.
Maarten
--
When replying privately, rot13 the e-mail address

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

the
When you have loosen all the screw and the instrument panel is now only attached to the speedometer cable, do the following to release the cable from the speedo meter.
Pull (rotate) the instrument panel on the right side toward, this will give you some space to put your hand behind the panel and release the cable from the speedo meter, which is next to the clock or rpm-meter. Don't try to put you hand behind the panel from the left side, there is just not enough space on that side to put your hand in. You might get some cut's in your hand, just like I did :-( So have a first-aid box in your tool-box, just like me :-))
Add pictures here
‚úĖ