ZX Dash Lights

SWMBO has complained about half the speedo lights being out so in the dark she can only tell what speed she's doing when it's above 40mph. Is there an
easy way to get at them? The Haynes BoL is also in her car and she's gone to work.
--
Malc

Like the Kipling cat, I walk alone -
‚úĖ

An axe?
--
Skipweasel
‚úĖ
Guy King wrote:

It is one option, yes.
--
Malc

Like the Kipling cat, I walk alone -
‚úĖ
much like they were saying:

No.
From memory, you'll need to take the panel surround off, then the panel itself out.
If you're planning on keeping the car, do every single bulb in there at the same time.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Adrian wrote:

Ok good call. Looks like that's next Saturday sorted then :-(
--
Malc

Like the Kipling cat, I walk alone -
‚úĖ
Adrian wrote:

Just like the AX, then!
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

When I did mine in my ZX, it was a lot easier than the HBOL claimed, in fact, it was very easy, especially once I lowered the steering wheel. I even did the lights in the centre console, which was just as easy. HBOL claimed I should start by removing the seats and bodyshell, or somesuch nonsense, but I got away with just removing the minimum of trim.
--
Tunku

"Caution : traces of irony and other metallic objects may be present in
‚úĖ
Tunku wrote:

As a matter of interest, what bulbs are they? For my Pug I have to go to the dealer rather than Halfords as the Halfords bulbs are in a specially long version of the same holder and don't fit.
--
Malc
Oh, but the rain wasn't made of water

I can't really remember, but I think they were capless bulbs, ie. I just pulled them out of their holders and put new ones in. Best thing to do is lupp the dash and have a look. Car still drives like that ;-)
--
Tunku

"Caution : traces of irony and other metallic objects may be present in the
‚úĖ