ZX engines?

Hi All, I'm very pleased with the ZX I recently acquired (1.6 / 1992) - I want another :), (rather, change the "working" good natured C-15 with a ZX).
Thing is, I'd like more engine power (though not the sport version), so I'm thinking of the 1.8. Some questions : Does the 1.8 give noticeably more power than the 1.6? is it worth the change? If so, how is it reliable-wise? Does it have more units/electrical controls that are replacement prone? Is it more sensitive/touchy etc. ? Is there a significance regarding the year of manufacture/different engine models? I'm thinking of the older models (1993-94). Any general advice? Thanks in advance for any guidance, Ido
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
second try: any reason not to go for a ZX 1.8 (as opposed to the 1.6)? thanks, Ido
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Ido ( snipped-for-privacy@netvision.net.il) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

IIRC the 1.8 was only in the three-door Furio, which didn't exactly set the sales charts on fire, so is going to be tricky to find.
(Notices .IL) - Well, that was the case in the UK, anyway.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Here in Israel there are a fair share of various Citroens, once in a while a passing DS... The 1.8 ZX is here both in the 3-door and in the standard 4-door platforms. The 3-door 1.8 is actually rarer than the 4-door 1.8. Damn but I want a 1.8! :) I'll try and get a feel for them and get local feedback. BTW, could you by any chance provide an English link for this group? I seem to get only a German(?) version. Thanks Adrian, Ido
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Ido ( snipped-for-privacy@netvision.net.il) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I think it's the same 1.8 as the Xantia.

There is only one alt.autos.citroen
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
made by the entity known as Adrian, that requests spam to be send to

I didn't make my website for nothing. http://aacity.net/access.htm
--
d:Johan; Certifiable me
http://www.aacity.net Citroen Newsgroup