ZX Pzazz weird noise question

Hi everyone, I`ve got a 1994 L reg Citroen ZX Pzazz, 1.9 Diesel engine, and it`s making a weird noise. Every now and again (not all the time, mostly when it`s damp
or raining) you can hear a regular clicking noise - very similar to the indicator lights, but at double the frequency. NO indicator lights are flashing when this is happening, and when I do indicate the clicking either vanishes, or turns to the normal frequency indicator clicking as the lights flash. All the bulbs are working fine, and the lights are flashing at a reasonable frequency.
Anyone got any suggestions as to what this might be. I`m guessing it`s a flasher unit getting damp, but wanted to see if anyone thought it might be something else?
Thanks for your help.
--
What am I selling on ebay right now?
http://tinyurl.com/38yjc
Simon Finnigan wrote:

I noticed the same problem in t'other halfs 1.4i pzazz
it comes, it goes, it's another citroen "design feature" (AKA known issue)
when I googled it, iirc, it boiled down to dirty contacts in the indicator stalk, I can't find the link with the remedy but the remedy was strip the indicator stalk down & clean the contacts.
either that or live with it, it'll go away when the weather warms up a bit :-)
http://tinyurl.com/62w3e
http://tinyurl.com/54wyf
http://tinyurl.com/7xw5d
hth