ZX wheels - will they fit a Xantia?

Will the alloys of a ZX TD Aura fit on a Xantia? Reason I ask is I've got 4 good alloys with new tyres of a scrapped ZX, and a Xantia with 4 worn tyres :-)

Cheers

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

The obvious thing to do is to try one and see if it fits the Xantia hub. You also have to consider the rim offset - that is the measurement taken from the inside mating surface of the wheel (where it fits to the hub) and the inside rim of the wheel. If these are different then you might get fouling of steering/suspension/body parts on full lock.

Reply to
SteveG

on 21/03/2007, Mike P supposed :

Yes they will, and here's the proof -

always double check though as i have used things like this before and then found brake calipers etc etc might just be touching somewhere, but at least you know the main fitment is the same now.

Reply to
ajsmith

Not *proof*, as it's not a Citroen document, but it is well on the way...

Also. make sure you have a full set of the correct fixings, the OP doesn't say if he has a complete ZX or just the wheels and tyres off them - what I can't understand is why not just get the tyres swapped if they are the same size?

Reply to
:Jerry:

Excellent, just what I needed to know.

It's my brother's ZX 1.9TD which he is scrapping because it suddenly just needs too much spending on it - duff gearbox,2 driveshafts and two wheel bearings all gone at once and he's got another car anyway.

The alloys are in very good condition, and have nearly new Michelin tyres on. If they'll fit, it's a lot quicker, less hassle and cheaper than having them swapped over to my steel rims.

Cheers Mike P

Reply to
Mike P