Joe

Not as short as on Kalija, the 1946 I used to run as a tow truck.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

I meant that originally that bed wasn't made for that truck. Something had been done to it. (IMO)

Nice that you had a name for your truck!

:-)

Molesworth

Reply to
Molesworth

I think you're wrong. That year would've been made to military specs.

George Patterson If you torture the data long enough, eventually it will confess to anything.

Reply to
George Patterson

George is correct. The bed is the original. I have a book on military vehicles and there are pictures of two different Dodge pickups, both with the same bed as the one in the photo.

Forrest

Reply to
Otto Skorzeny

I stand (well, sit) corrected!

Thanks for the input.

:-)

Molesworth

Reply to
Molesworth

Kalija - the "wooden indian" And yes, they DIS come with that short box. Ours just had the last foot or so cut off to keep the towing load closer to the rear axle and allow a shorter turning radius with a tow.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca