1950 chev 1/2 ton_anyone have one?

I am trying to get a measurement for a 1950 1/2 to see if I can use a specific engine for a swap.
I need centerline of engine to steering arm. 11" inches would be nice
but am told it might be too tight. Anyone have one that can give me a measurement?
"But now is the time for the younger men to lock in rough encounters, time for me to yield to the pains of old age. But there was a day I shone among the champions."
Homer, The Illiad, 23.715-719 (800 BC). King Nestor of Pylos.