1950 Ford F100 Project questions

Hey All, I am new to this game so I hope you all will not mind a few basic questions... I am looking at buying a very nice 1950 F100 Ford which is in pretty decent shape to begin with, the body only has a bit of surface rust in spots and needs a paint job, the engine runs on first try but smokes (needs a re-build) One window missing but he has new seats and window plus a re-built engine. $2000 gets me everything or minus the parts, newer engine etc I can get just the truck as is for $1200. Now that you know the story... I need to make a couple of big decisions. I am torn between the idea of keeping the flat head V-8 and making it a cool ride to the grocery store by restoring it like the original and just buying the truck as is rippin out the engine and putting something a bit spicier in it ;-D and creating potentially a real nasty sleeper out of it. Any good arguments one way or the other? Also regardless of which I finally decide what to do should I strip it to the frame and work my way up? I kind of have some space restraints but it is do-able (I live in a town that does not allow a car to sit for any length of time without plates - it sucks) Lastly does anyone know a source for rebuild info on this make/model/year? I do not think Chiltons goes back that far :-P Thanks alot in advance -David Hatch Corning NY

A swarm in May is worth a load of hay. A swarm in June is worth a silver spoon. A swarm in July isn't worth a fly. (old farmers saying)

Reply to
David Hatch

gnospammurray