1960 F-100

Why are these trucks not as highly valued as a Chevy?
Is there something suspect about them? Some design flaw?
Or merely too many to be collectable?

Molesworth

Don't think the number left has anything to do with it. Can't recall the last time I saw either a 60 Chevy or Ford so both have to be rare in that sense. A major problem with this vintage Ford is there is no aftermarket parts source. Try to buy/find anything for a 60 Ford and you will know what I mean.

Dennis Carpenter?

There are at least two national suppliers of Ford truck parts, from 40's to 80's. I have their catalogs.
Must admit Chevy have more suppliers tho.
For a general price guide, do a search on ebay.. lots of 60 Ford trucks for $500 +/-!
Molesworth

I have a 1960 F100 stepside pickup that I bought in 1964. E-mail back if you would like details. Paul

Paul,
I've got a Short/wide in the paint shop as we speak. I like it a lot specially with the alloy wheels and new tires! Spares are cheap too!
I was comparing it to the same year Chevy, and wondered why these trucks are (relatively) cheap?
Molesworth