53 chevy frame swap

i have a 53 chevy truck and I want to do a s10 frame swap. my question is will a 97 s10 extended cab work

On 7/14/2013 11:17 AM, brian wrote:

Well, part of the 'joy' of doing this type of work is figuring out what will work and what won't! IMHO, you won't find many people who have already done this type of swap, and can tell you first hand.
I'd start by taking some measurements of the existing frame and body, then finding a similar donor truck and doing similar measurements. Consider frame rail width, kick over rear axle, wheelbase, etc., and figure out if it will work.
--
I'm never going to grow up.