54 chevy pickup Stripped the suspension What now?

I got a nice frame and body, bed,etc . But I trashed the straight axle spring and all. Now I need to get it back on wheels. Any suggestions? I am not rich.
Also concerned on steering the thing. Thanks for serious comments. snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

just behind and just in front of the control arms .it should slip just on the outside of your truck frame