66 Chevy Truck Steering Column

I am putting a 700R4 automatic tranny into a 66 Chevy truck, and I am wondering what Steering column I can pull from the junkyard would be okay. Some have said any 70's model trucks, and some have disagreed. Will
an 80's model work? Any thoughts?

Yes, leave the column alone and put in a floor shift.
IIRC you can use a THM350/400 type column and the only problem is that the lowest gear selection is not accessible, which is mo problem. That's what the Jaguar guys do.