67 chevy 350 small block won't start need advice

67 chevy 350 small block won't turn over. Maybe the coil pack? Or the engine locked up? I'm not sure please help. thank you.

Does it make a click noise when you try? If you have the headlights on and try to start do the lights dim? If you put a wrench on the crank pulley bolt will it turn the engine over?(clock-wise).
********************
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com
http://www.chevytalk.com
http://www.stovebolt.com
On Wed, 18 May 2005 23:39:35 -0400, "chevycruser_03"

-Woogeroo
------------------------------------------------ snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com <- remove NOBS to send email. ------------------------------------------------
Woogeroo's Simple Smoking Page:
http://woogeroo.home.mindspring.com/wsp /
smokin' along with an old style Big Green Egg...
Its probally locked up and needs to see the junkyard.

"Adam Frazier" wrote: > Its probally locked up and needs to see the junkyard. > >
> > > 67 chevy 350 small block won't turn over. Maybe the coil > pack? Or the > > engine locked up? I'm not sure please help. thank you. > >
If it is siezed up with rust, some pepsi poured into cylinders through spark plug holes and left to sit over nite will do wonders sometimes. The phosphuric acid in it eats rust real good. You can use diet Pepsi too to avoid sugar stickness to flush out.

Bad, I almost snorted my cola on the keyboard reading that! I think you should have recommended CLR (or similar products) but Pepsi? I've tried it on rust, does nothing but get it wet. I don't recommend any of these ideas however. But then again, if the engine is trashed anyway, can't hurt, right? <g>
I once had an engine that was rusted solid (blown head gasket that was not fixed). Pulled the heads, and beat the pistons down with a block of wood and a ball-peen hammer (2 lb). Cleaned the bores up, put a bit of oil in each cylinder and put it back together. Started and ran fine, didn't use any more oil than before. But... That was a *long* time ago, when I was a kid with no money, and way too much time...
If your gonna use a cola, why not Coke? It will eat away a nail if its left in a cup of coke for a week

On Thu, 26 May 2005 07:56:15 -0500, "Adam Frazier"

I teach college. A group of my students brought that up, claimed it true. We did a test and neither coke, nor diet-coke did the slightest bit of damage to the nail (except to make it dirty). However, the control experiment with tap water did cause damage... <g>
If you are serious about killing rust, there are some very good commercial solutions, some of which 'plate' the metal so it won't rust afterwards. These really do work, I've used them several times on small vehicle parts.
On Thu, 26 May 2005 09:08:12 -0400, Peter D. Hipson

If I'm not mistaken, you want to fill the cylinders with Marvel's Mystery Oil and let it sit for a few days. It should penetrate if possible... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
On Thu, 26 May 2005 07:56:15 -0500, "Adam Frazier"

A bit of "oil of wintergreen" mixed with diesel fuel works wonders freeing rusted engines. Used to buy it at the pharmacy.
On Thu, 26 May 2005 22:02:14 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@sny.der.on.ca wrote:

Uh, that makes it smell good, by chance? Just for the record, oil of wintergreen is *very* toxic and should be avoided. Don't believe me? Check the MDS sheets on it.
On Fri, 27 May 2005 07:27:19 -0400, Peter D. Hipson

Yes, it is relatively toxic. Had to sign for it at the counter. but one ounce will go a long way - Ever check the MDS sheets on any effective penetrating oils??
All nasty. Seems if it's not capable of making you sick you may as well just whizz on it.
On Fri, 27 May 2005 14:29:51 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@sny.der.on.ca wrote:

That last part I'll agree with! But the best penetrating oil I've found is still diesel oil, straight up.