71 Chevy PU, hard to shift to Park

Pick up is very hard to shift into park (on the column) automatic transmission, power steering. Please give detail on recommended repair; I'd like to try to fix this myself. Thanks.

Reply to
Bear1MustardSeed

My first guess is that the ignition switch system might be a little out of adjustment. Remember that the gearshift has to be in Park for the ignition switch to go to the Off position where you can remove the key. Regrettably, this is only a guess and I haven't had or fixed the problem.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

Reply to
myford100