72 chevy c-10 questions

Hello, I have had my truck for a few years now and I'm still trying to repair her to what she should be. I've fixed the oil from leaking now but I have a transmission leak, I can't seem to track down where
though. I am wondering where the best place to start looking was at.
I've been trying to fine tune the engine to make it more optimized must to make sure the pickup will last longer, so far this had basically just included replacing seals, caps, plugs, and the usual other minor maintenance issues. Is their anything else that I can do that might make a noticeable difference.
I'm planning on trying to drive it from Minnesota down to New Mexico later this spring or summer and just trying to make sure its all ready to go. Ask Questions and I'll answer as soon as I can
Josh,
I have a 71, long trip... old truck.
Replace all hoses and belts. Make sure the spare tire is good. Carry a couple of those gallon milk jugs filled with water for when she overheats, gets hot south of you.
http://www.lmctruck.com /
Vic

I've replaced all the hoses and belts last year so I figure they should be good, same with the fuel pump, fuel filter. I don't have enough expertise to rebuild the engine. Unless you know of a really good book that will explain it well. The body is good still but needs a little work. What is the best way to make minor repairs to the body I want to seal all the small cracks/holes around the cab area, since I normally get a draft from somewhere, figured I would spay it down with some undercoating.

You're going to New Mexico in the summertime? Keep those holes open!
Yeah maybe without air conditioning it might be best, and here i figured I could spray myself down with some difluoroethane occasionally to keep cool, oh well.