78 Monty Carlo front clip in 51 chevy truck

Would like to put a 78 Monty Carlo front clip in my 51 Chevy truck. Has any one done this conversion that can give any tips, measurments ect? Are there
any printed info on this exact clip installation? I have leaned towards a TCI Mustang unit for a long time but MIG welder has took a dump so some of the funds for the TCI will be gone. I already have the Monty so no cost there just of labor. Some folks have told me it will ride and drive better with the Monty clip if installed right. Looks like it is to narrow behind the control arms to me. I have a mid 70's Phonix that looks good at the rear but hub flange to hub flange is about 62" while the truck is 58". Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you, David
I've seen my brother do them at his shop. Get a shop manual or take measurements before you start cutting as to the wheelbase. Square measure and diagonal measure. Set frame level before you start. You have to box in where the clip meets the original frame. Clip does not line up with the original frame, you have to make sections to connect it. You see allot in the classic truck magazine that are clipped and they set nice. The one my brother did he put a newer Chevy trk clip on but I wasn't crazy about it cuz it was too wide. But he just widened the fenders to fit. Yep you heard me slice them and widen them, back ones too. It looks ok, it's real fat lookin.