AC Compressor rebuild

Am, rrefreshing, not restoring , a 64 Chevy PU that I travel in when I was a kid.

Grandpa added in a Climate Control Air condition system with a rather large universal looking compressor, wh.ich I recieved in a box, not sure if it works.

I could have the compressor reworked but wanted opinions on whether I should just get a new universal type compressor and just rework the interior hang on blower. Are newer compressors more efficient or is a pump just a pump?

Also either way , where should I shop for either?

Thanks

Reply to
MrMark

Frank Scully