><ADVICE PLEASE><A 1950 Chevy truck (51K on it and no rust)

Hi all, I'm Dave and I'm new here.

I just acquired a 1950 Chevy 6400 (two ton) State body or stake body truck(depending on who I listen to) in a trade. The truck has a flat head six with only 51,000 original miles on the truck, a two speed rear end and from what I can see there is no rust or rot to be found on it anywhere.

I would like to recieve some advice as to what its true value might be from someone familiar with collecting antique trucks.

I have pictures of it and will send them to anyone interested via email.My email address is " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"The truck has a few minor dents like krinkles on the hood from forcing it to latch properly and one down the passenger side rear cab corner I think it is a dump body because I see the PTO assembly, but it has since been set up to haul and dump grain,so the tailgate area of the bed would need to be changed to use that feature if it even works.The truck is located in the exact center of the U.S.A., it needs brake work, but I can do that to make it driveable. Tires are great that are on it and there is no vehile inspection needed to regester it here to put plates on it.

Even if you are not interested in buying it I still would like some info on its value. ersonaly I love the truck and wish I could keep it, but I'm putting an addition on my house and might need the money more than the truck.

TY for any advice offered... Dave

Reply to
Dave R
2 tons are not worth that much except to their owners.

Woogeroo®

I would really love to see a 1950 Chevy or any GMC product with a flathead

  1. Them's a rare breed. Henry Ford must have been hiding in the woodpile.

Reply to
Rose Melinis

Reply to
Adam Frazier

"Adam Frazier" wrote in news:42b36ae7 snipped-for-privacy@newsfeed.slurp.net:

I dont think that 1 tons are really worth all that much anyways. I would give 500 bucks for it.

Ty for offer, but I paid much-much more than that and with the fact that because of its size it is exempt from emissions in most localities and with its age it is also exempt from other regulations "like seat belt laws along with other trendy regulations", I think the size thing is a plus. Besides that you can buy a 2001 GMC truck with equal capacity,more miles on it, more rot, higher maintenence regulations and more repair headaches than this one will offer.

Like I said "thanks for the offer", but if I EVER did part with this beauty I would need to see enough from it to compensate for me missing it for the rest of my life because between me and you I think it looks better than my woman, she aint getting better day by day and this thing might with a little work.

I got a 1969 1/2 Polish model house-wife/cook/referee you can make an offer on 'cause then I don't have to build the addition and then I get to keep the truck.

TY Dave

PS: Kids go with woman, son can't mow lawn but I will include for free a new rideing mower and instruction manual so that you can teach him how to

Reply to
Dave R