Astroshield?

Anybody familiar with Astroshield polish (http://www.astroshield.com /)? I've heard some decent things about it, even that they use it in the military and on the Disney World monorail
cars. My local store doesn't carry my old brand anymore, and they recommended this one. Thx. Riz
On 3 Sep 2004 21:36:10 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (riz) wrote:

If it's not too forward of me to ask, what was your "old brand" Do you have a web link for your old brand? Every product has an application. From the sounds of it's uses, (Disneyland & the Military) astroshield is the preferred brand of the budget conscious. I've included a few clips from the web site:
"Due to its space age shine-ability, AstroShield can be used all around the house for cleaning and polishing."

This caption seems in conflict with an earlier line:

"AstroShield is the polish created for when cars really shined For almost 40 years, AstroShield has captured the spirit of the American motorist.."
Hmm.... but going on...:

The Testimonials include one from - M.J. Albany, IN; "Since 1977 I have used AstroShield exclusively on all of my vehicles (22 new and used cars and two boats). As long as you manufacture AstroShield, and as long as I can find it, I will continue to use nothing else."

27 years. 22 new & used vehicles...... That's 1.227 years per vehicle. I would think that a new car (or newly refurbished one) should look pretty good for the first year or two without polish. I would venture to say that you should be able to get by for the first 2-3 years without any form of polish and only a gentle carnauba wax.
Perhaps I am reading this wrong but the posting reads a lot like an attempt at gorilla marketing gone poorly.
Nothing personal, I imagine that I'm just reading it all wrong.
Seems an error exists in thinking... is this the same military which pays $979.00 for a toilet seat? LOL
wrote:

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Sorry, too. Poor writing on my part. I was using Liquid Glass. I've seen it online but I prefer shopping locally and I'm just passing along what I was told.
(riz) wrote:

No offense intended to anyone here, but the best place to ask about products like Astroshield is probably Autopia. The folks in their forums know just about all there is to know about car care products.