Axle shaft movement

Just replaced axle shafts on my 1970 C-10 with 12 bolt 3.73 rearend. The replacement shafts are the exact same length and spline count as the old ones. Also replaced bearings and seals.

How much side to side play should there be when the vehicle is off the ground? I did not take note of whether there was any on the old shafts. I am getting about 1/8 inch side to side movement. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Reply to
69canam

Shep

This is nothing to be concerned about. The shafts "float" between differentail cross pin and C clip and should move a little. If you are concern about the amount, you could install new C clips if you have not all ready and that might tighten it up a tiny bit.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan