Chevy Alternator 10SI

I thought I'd be creative and paint the alternator that I currently have. When I put everything back together I noticed that the pillar or pulley is a hard to turn, well not as easy as it was originally. I
took every thing apart once again and double checked my progress and yes I did include the spacer between the rear bearing and pillar. I added a little grease to the rear bearing to help things a bit but my results have failed. No internal parts were replace with new, all I did was gut the internals and add a fresh coat of paint to the body. . . . . . help please.