Chevy Task Force Brakes.

I'm just starting a restore on a 3100 apache. Any opinions on master cylinders. There are a few options, single original, Duals etc. Don't think I'll go disc brakes as I'm staying original, not rodding this one.

Thanks,

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

You should really reconsider that as you will be playing on the road with other cars and they can stop real fast these days with anitylock brakes. I had a pick up with 4 wheel drum and it was worst braking truck I have ever had. If you are going to tow something heavy or hi speed they don't do a very good gob of stopping as they get hot and fade away to nothing. First time it happened to me I got it home after rear ending another truck [no damage bumpers met ] pulled the Dana 44 out and installed a Dana 44 with disk brakes. It would be a shame to do all that work to a truck and first ride out write it off do to fast traffic stop in head of you.

Reply to
John C

Thanks for the info. As a kid I drove a 58 2.5 ton flatbed and 3 1,5 ton flats fully loaded everyday. I never had problems with full loads (several tons). Those drums seemed cool. However that was in traffic of

30 years ago... thanks,

Charlie John C wrote:

Reply to
Charlie