Column swap

my project is a 65 Mercury Pick up..what im doing with it to start is swapping the 300-6 cyl/4speed combo for a 390/c6 auto....what i would like to know is what auto column(s) from other ford trucks will bolt in with no
mods?? manual steering is going to be kept as well....thanx in advance
My younger brother has a 66 ford we put a column out of a 69 or 70 ford truck fit no problem it was a little shorter than the 66 . someone told us up to a 76 would fit but never tried it.
thanx fer the info....i also heard the same for uo to 76's did you have to do any mods or was it pretty much a bolt in??

Anything from a 65 to 76 F-100 or F-250. The 77 and 78s may work as well. Try to find a later version with tilt. Good Luck.
By the way, you have a very rare truck!
thanks for the info...i had heard that somewhere but just wasnt too sure about it....picked up a column ot of a 70 last week and it worked great....as to the rarity of my truck...i can count 6 in my general area...all 65 and 66