Diesel conversion of 1955-59 Chevy pickup

I would like to know if anyone's done one and what engine they used. I'm looking at an inline six, probably an Isuzu, Mitsubishi or Nissan.

You may be better off with an Isuzu, but I've got to ask: WHY?

No real good reason except the satisfaction of doing it. I like diesel, and I'm not terribly fond of the 6.2/6.5, and having driven a Detroit powered truck I decided that was enough of that-the blower noise, gear noise, smoke, etc, etc. I'm glad I got the opportunity to drive someone else's instead of building one and finding out the hard way.