Ford Philco model FT-6 radio?

Hi, Anyone here know what a Ford Philco model FT-6 radio was used in? Cleaning out my dad's basement, and found one that appears to be in pretty good condition... I believe that Philco made this radio in the mid to late 30's, and this was the specific model with the Ford logo embroidered into the speaker grille.

Any info would be appreciated. TIA.

-Mike

Reply to
mike

Picture on a web site?

Leon

mike wrote:

Reply to
Leon Rowell

Sorry, that obviously would have been useful..

Thanks,

-Mike

Reply to
mike

Mike,

It appears to be an interior firewall mount radio for a 1933-34 Ford. If I remember correctly there were two styles one was a glove box mounted one with the controls built in and the other was firewall mounted with a remote control head. I believe the 1935-36 Fords also had a firewall mounted radio with a remote control head that mounted in the ashtray hole but I think the box was square.. Are you sure one of the "antenna" holes isn't where the remote control head connects to the radio? It should have threads and maybe a internal square shaft where the antenna connection wouldn't. I think there should be a condenser that plugs into the large hole.

Leon Rowell

mike wrote:

Reply to
Leon Rowell

Hi Leon, Thanks for your help. I'm almost positive the two antenna connections are just that, but the other two would definitely appear to be for a remote mounted control head - I believe one has a square internal shaft, the other is slightly different but the same concept.

-Mike

Le> Mike,

Reply to
mike

Hi Mike,

No problem, sorry I couldn't be more precise.

Leon

mike wrote:

Reply to
Leon Rowell