Gears

Anyone know how to find out what gears I have in my 78 chevy?? Thanks JokerD

--
http://www.jokerstshirts.com/

Do you know what transmission you have? 3-speed, 4-speed, 5-speed, who manufactured it, etc. Or are you talking about the rear axle?

There are lots of gears in your 78 Chevy.
1) What size truck is it? 2) What transmission do you have?
The axle could be anywhere from 3.55:1 to 6.14:1 depending on the size of the truck and the options ordered.
As for the transmission, there are specs available for just about any transmission as to the gear ratios involved. I've got an old Pre-SM420 4 Speed in the '46 and was able to find the gear ratios over at The Old Chevy Manual Project.
-Brendan