GMC Jimmy 4wd to 2wd conversion

I am looking to take a 91 GMC Jimmy 4x4, with a perfect body, to a 2WD lowrider. I have no use for a 4WD. The guy who owns the truck pulled the motor and tranny out of it to put into another vehicle and doesn't
need the Jimmy. The rear-end isn't that big of a deal. I'm planning on doing a 3 link air-ride system. My concern is the front end. Can I take a front clip out of a 2WD and install the front cross member and suspension into the 4WD frame? Any help would be appreciated.
Derick
Do the poor truck a favor and just send it to the crusher. Bob

Why throw away a perfectly good truck body. I can get the 2WD components. I'm just trying to see what's involved in doing it. People keep frames and running gear all the time because the body is rusted out. I'm just pulling a flip on that.

It would probably be easier to get a 2x4 frame and put the 4x4 body on it.
~KJ/TLGM

why not do sometuing different ...throw a small block 4 by powertraint in it ( full time that is) and make a 4 by lowrider...otsa balls and wicked traction advantage???

Interesting thought. Transfer case hangs too low to make that one work. This thing is still going to be different because there are not any that I have seen in my area with this body style lowered and still have a removable half-top. This is the older style truck. I plan to shave the door handles and stuff. Make and everyday driver but look a little different.

Oh jeeze I thought you meant an S10 jimmy (IE: trash). Poor lil' Jimmy.... I've found the largest thing to make a lowered blazer look good is a cowl induction hood. Somehow, it makes it so it's not quite so goofy looking. (No way to have a non-goofy lowered FS jimmy) You can "clock up" the transfer case by turning that lobe counter clockwise by a bolt or so - that way you have a flatter belly pan. You can actually clock it up to it wont go below the frame rails. www.offroaddesigns.com or www.coloradok5.com has aftermarket cross-members so your belly pan will be flatter.
~KJ/TLGM
~