HELP....1988 D100 with 318 throttle body FI

I would like to replace the 2bbl Throttle Body Fuel Injection on my 1988 D100 318 with a 4bbl. Does anyone know if the gauges are linked to the computer and will they stop working if I yank it while doing the mod's?
Shad
Hi,     If it's electronicly controlled it will most likely affect the computer. You will need to change the manifold also. The fuel injection body is fed by a high pressure electric pump that will destroy your carb. These run at about 35 psi. You should have a pump that runs about 4-5 psi. You will also need to change the fuel pickup in your gas tank. If the carb was not an option from the dealer you will not pass smog. The body sometimes has an electric AIC motor that regulates your idle. There should also be a throttle position sensor. You will obviously need to remove them. This may affect your computer. Unless your having lots of trouble with the injector I would not replace it. Fuel injection is ussually trouble free and very low maintenence. I like them better than carbs. If your looking for performance you can try headers. You may have to adapt air injection tubes if your truck has air injection. You will also have to change your distributor to have vacuum ignition advance from the carb. You may want to talk to a dealer before you change anything. It may not be worth the trouble. Good luck to you. Jessie