Is there a 9-window pickup?

My 14 year old granddaughter seems to think she saw a 9 window pickup. I cannot find any such. She says it has the divided windshield, vent windows, side windows, rear corner windows and the back window.

This is what she wants instead of the Volvo XC.

Is there such a thing?

Reply to
Don Willson

========================= Sure. Any '52-'55 first series (often called Advance Design) Chevy or GMC pickup with Deluxe cab. The windshield and vent windows aren't counted, however...these trucks are commonly known as 5-window cabs.

3-window cabs lacked the corner windows. Here's a link to a picture of my 3/4 ton '52 Chevy with 5 (or 9) window cab.

The corner windows don't show well in this picture, but you can count the rest easily. Dodge had a similar cab in about the same time frame.

'51 and earlier AD trucks did not have vent windows.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Way