My th400 pan gasket leaks, how do I stop it?

Page 3 of 3
wrote:

of holes on a good heavy straightedge and see if the gasket surface is bent, so the gasket is not compressing evenly. Rocker covers get his problem pretty regularly.
My own two cents worth, I once had a TH400 that I swore was leaking through the pan gasket. After I replaced it twice, I found out the dipstick tube o-ring was seeping and running down appearing like the oil pan gasket was leaking. Another common place to look on those trannys is the modulator valve.
All this is especially true if the gasket seems to always leak on the right front of the pan gasket!

Al
It is not a huge leak, but it frustrates the hell out of me that I cannot seem to stop a simple leak, If anyone has experience with this give me a clue. ============ I .......HATE repeating meself and often find i gits a bit overbearing when forced to......so.....jest let me refer you to MY original reply.
and......then......if you have eeeeeeeny more questions...
BY GAWD ASK THEM!!!!
:)
because.....i...me...alone........
HAVE SEALED MORE TRANNY LEAKS THAN CUDA HAS GOT BAD ADVICE.........or fer dat matter..everyone that's answered so far.......combined.
don't believe me....??
cool......
mmmmm......who else gave chrome pan as the FIRST possible cause?
:)
~:~ marsh ~takes a toke......mmmmm........good stuff~ ~:~
Marsh you dog:
how the hell are you?
RK
wrote in messg:

On Sat, 8 Dec 2007 17:59:27 -0800 (PST), Marsh Monster

The big biker guy from Arkansas...me, but the Cuda guy thinks I'm a hack, too.

gimme that! -- Old Crow "Yol Bolson!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Care to point out where I claimed you were a hack?
On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 19:18:18 GMT, aarcuda69062

Different thread, another newsgroup, some time back. -- Old Crow "Yol Bolson!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

What was it about?
On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 22:27:48 GMT, aarcuda69062

I'm an old guy...I don't remember shit like that<g>. Wasn't important then, even less so now. Mighta been something to do with flat rate dealership technicians, but since I no longer work for a dealer and I'm not on flat rate anymore, it's water under the bridge. Got any pics of your 'Cuda? Had me a '68 Runner one time, gave it away, and now that I'm in the restoration business, I kick myself daily. -- Old Crow "Yol Bolson!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Well I tried to torque to 12 ft/lbs, no sealants, just a cork gasket. Much better now.
Thanks all! H.

================== again....IF the gasket was the leak........
you'llllllllllllll.....beeeeeee..........srrrrrrrrrrry.............
anywhoooo............
glad to hear YOU'RE happy with you're repair......
personally......i'd fire you for not doing it right the first time.
cuz......if it comesback.....AGAIN.....i'ma gonna take it outta yer paycheck fer not listen'n to seasoned advice.
~:~ marsh ~takes a toke......pours you a crownroyal......wish's you duh best~ ~:~