My th400 pan gasket leaks, how do I stop it?

======= ======= read the thread...........

i'm certain i'm RITE.

anywhoooooo........there's NO WAY i can be wrong.......

:)

again.......read my FIRST reply to the thread

:)

~:~ marsh ~takes a toke.......mmmmmm.......good stuff~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

========= =========

A $3 bottle of Idian Head Gasket shellac.......would be cheaper.

if........the pan gasket is the leak.

anywhooo...you shudd'nt put THAT pan back on without the sealant either way.

fact.......not fiction.

~:~ marsh ~takes a sip of the shroom juice........mmmmmm....... get'n better everyminute~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Guess? Possibly, but surely an educated one. I don't see you arguing with the fact that chrome pans are more likely to leak(as indicated above. Seeing that none of us but the OP can actually see and put our hands on the vehicle, we're *all* guessing, really.

Hey, it *never* hurts ot guess right.

Hmm, sounds like you've got issues. Won't get into it, nope, not at all.

Don't have the service manual to answer that one. Whatever it calls for, of course.

15ft lbs does sound like a bit much though. I'd probably stay in the 10-12 ft lb range. That's about the torque my Snap-On 1/4' drive air ratchet puts out at 90psi of shop air.

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolson!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow

Different thread, another newsgroup, some time back.

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolson!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow

What was it about?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Your first reply was you claiming to disagree, which in fact was you offering "other possibilities."

I responded based upon the facts the OP gave, which I still stand behind (too much torque).

Did I disagree with the possibilities that you offered Marsh?

I do read what you write, bad as it may be to decipher...

...but that's not my fault. Seems to me you should take your own advice.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Because you're there to see it?

Because you're there to see it.

The one where you offer different possibilities whilst claiming to disagree.

Read what you -rote-, not what you wish I said.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Or a sock puppet.

whoopie!

No shit. And I didn't after that fact was revealed by the OP.

Not really. He stated what he was torquing the bolts to, I know from 39 years of experience in spite of what's listed in the FSM that -that- is too much torque, here is where you enter and disagree and list your three possibilities which in fact were NOT and still aren't in disagreement with what I said.

It was still a guess.

Again, you look desperate.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Should read; here is where MM enters and disagreed and listed his three possibilities.

Didn't mean to attribute that exchange to you OC.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I'm an old guy...I don't remember shit like that. Wasn't important then, even less so now. Mighta been something to do with flat rate dealership technicians, but since I no longer work for a dealer and I'm not on flat rate anymore, it's water under the bridge. Got any pics of your 'Cuda? Had me a '68 Runner one time, gave it away, and now that I'm in the restoration business, I kick myself daily.

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolson!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow

Well I tried to torque to 12 ft/lbs, no sealants, just a cork gasket. Much better now.

Thanks all! H.

Reply to
-the HoSt-

again....IF the gasket was the leak........

you'llllllllllllll.....beeeeeee..........srrrrrrrrrrry.............

anywhoooo............

glad to hear YOU'RE happy with you're repair......

personally......i'd fire you for not doing it right the first time.

cuz......if it comesback.....AGAIN.....i'ma gonna take it outta yer paycheck fer not listen'n to seasoned advice.

~:~ marsh ~takes a toke......pours you a crownroyal......wish's you duh best~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster