Need photo of '54 Chev engine

Hi, all.
I am currently looking at recoring the radiator on my '54 Chev 3100 pickup. The thing is it appears that a portion of the fan blade spins about 1/3
below the bottom of the rad! The rad seems original and is seated as far down as it can go in its holding frame. Either the the engine was installed low for some reason (not original, rebuilt '57 /235) or that's the way it normally comes from the factory(?) Don't know.
What I'm looking for is a picture of a couple of engine compartments for that year truck to determine whether this is the case or not.
Any info and pictures are appreciated.
Jack
Hi Jack,
You might also post your question here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune0&f
This is the '47-'59 section of the board.
You have to register to post but it's not a big deal to do so.
Leon
Jack wrote:

Hah. I thought this IS the '47 - '59 section as mine is a '54! Jack

Check the gallery on http://www.stovebolt.com
Stovebolt. Hey, I forgot about that site. Thanks! Jack

Ok. I found that the '57 engine's water pump is located lower on its engine block than my original '54-'55. Seems there's an adaptor plate that moves the pump and pulley up 4" ..but it entails drilling and tapping the block. The suggestion of checking out www.stovebolt.com did the trick for me. Thanks. Jack

lots of picture of 1947-1955 chevy trucks:
http://www.stovebolt.com/gallery47-55.htm
http://www.stovebolt.com
forums / general truck
forums / engine and driveline shop
request pictures from members, many of them will be happy to send you to their website, their online photo journals or email you images.
it is free to register, join and post at the stovebolt page.
check it out, lots of inline six nuts there.
Chevy Truck Resource Pages
http://woogeroo.home.mindspring.com/autolinks/trucks.html#ctrp
--
The Chevy / GMC Truck Parts Vendors List

http://woogeroo.home.mindspring.com/autolinks/trucks/ctgparts.html
Thanks, Woogeroo. I'm on to it!