Need photo of '54 Chev engine

Hi, all.

I am currently looking at recoring the radiator on my '54 Chev 3100 pickup. The thing is it appears that a portion of the fan blade spins about 1/3 below the bottom of the rad! The rad seems original and is seated as far down as it can go in its holding frame. Either the the engine was installed low for some reason (not original, rebuilt '57 /235) or that's the way it normally comes from the factory(?) Don't know.

What I'm looking for is a picture of a couple of engine compartments for that year truck to determine whether this is the case or not.

Any info and pictures are appreciated.

Jack

Reply to
Jack

Hi Jack,

You might also post your question here:

This is the '47-'59 section of the board.

You have to register to post but it's not a big deal to do so.

Leon

Jack wrote:

Reply to
Leon Rowell

Hah. I thought this IS the '47 - '59 section as mine is a '54! Jack

Reply to
Jack

Check the gallery on

BrendanM

Stovebolt. Hey, I forgot about that site. Thanks! Jack

Reply to
Jack

Ok. I found that the '57 engine's water pump is located lower on its engine block than my original '54-'55. Seems there's an adaptor plate that moves the pump and pulley up 4" ..but it entails drilling and tapping the block. The suggestion of checking out

did the trick for me. Thanks. Jack

Reply to
Jack

lots of picture of 1947-1955 chevy trucks:

forums / general truck

forums / engine and driveline shop

request pictures from members, many of them will be happy to send you to their website, their online photo journals or email you images.

it is free to register, join and post at the stovebolt page.

check it out, lots of inline six nuts there.

Chevy Truck Resource Pages

Woogeroo

Thanks, Woogeroo. I'm on to it!

Reply to